September 22, 2017, 11:29 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Forums / Suggestions

Suggestions
Game needs improvement en>fr fr>en
By Almaz Comments: 12, member since Wed Jul 11, 2012
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 06:59 PM
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:01:19
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:01:44
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:02:02
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:03:18
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:07:08
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:13:56
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:16:07
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:21:28
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:29:21
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 13:51:34
Edited by linh (26) on 2012-08-08 05:34:44 Moved to suggestions

I played the game for a few hours and I can say it does need a lot of improvement. I played Galaxy on Fire 2 about a year ago and finished the game. Dangerous HD feels a lot cheaper compare to Galaxy on fire 2. First of all the story line should be narrated with voices because it just gets boring reading a lot of useless pop up messages. If you can't make voices at least give an option to enable Android TTS. It's better than nothing and easy to do. Second of all after each target kill popup messages comes up on the screen and it gets frustrated. Give an option to disable them. Map is very hard to read at 480x800 resolution. The game is very buggy besides some menus don't work at some stations; it closes itself down once in a while using Android phone. It looks like it was never ever tested on android phone with standard 480x800 resolution. Some modules/weapons such as T2 are weaker compare to standard. Instead of adding more stuff just fix and improve what've already got. Also give an option to customize a button to shoot everything you've got with optional modules. It gets frustrated killing a target. It takes a lot of time and a few buttons to press just to shoot a single target. For example: pressing Autopilot choosing Orbital, pressing webber, pressing shoot all, pressing other modules such as stealing energy from a target, pressing ECM jammer and etc. We are talking here 6 buttons to press just to make a shot. By the time you press them, you can be killed in a fight. Everything must be customizable into one button. The game needs FAQ or improve help file. Help in the game is just a joke and doesn't tell much. Whenever you press Autopilot button and circle comes up with buttons then they are overlapping with other buttons in the background. Hide the buttons in the background in Autopilot menu. Text is very hard to read during bright background in the game. Make text to change color during bright background or at least give an option to change the color of the text. No info on weapons at all such as damage. All I can find info on modules. There are a lot more small things but you really need to play Galaxy on Fire 2 to tell a huge difference in game play. Since it is a game clone of Galaxy on Fire then you need to make it the same or better but not worse. I hope developer can make the difference and improve the game.

10 Replies to Game needs improvement

re: Game needs improvement en>fr fr>en
By linh Comments: 179, member since Sat Jun 30, 2007
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:04 PM
You might have missed this part in the tutorial, but you can double-tap or double-click the big fire all button to have all offensive modules engage.

Some of the problems you mentioned are due to the smaller screen real estate. It would be nearly impossible to test with all the various Android configurations, but the game is very adaptable to screen size and performance. If you email us some screenshots of your problems, it'll help us debug: support@binaryhelix.com

T2 should not be weaker obviously, so if you give us specifics, we can try to track down any bugs.

Also, the game is not a clone of GoF2. It has many elements in common with 3D space shooters, but obviously expands on them in much greater detail. The combat is inspired by EVE Online and Elite; some of the other features could be said to be loosely similar to X3; and the dialogue/wingmen has commonality with Mass Effect. But if all you've played is GoF2, then I can see how you might think it's a clone. One of the biggest differences: ships in Dangerous exist even when you're in the station whereas they magically appear or disappear when you dock and undock in GoF2.

I'd like to add voice work at some point in the future, but it's a lot of work and requires a good sized budget to do it right. If sales of the game continue to grow, then we'll take a serious look at doing this.

Good suggestion about the kill messages possibly becoming spam. We could add an option to simply show them in the combat log areas.

Some menus don't work at other stations because not all of them have cantinas or markets. Also, the game is actually relatively bug-free compared to similarly complex simulations like X3. GoF2 is much simpler and therefore easier to debug. But as I said, if you have specifics, let us know. We want to continue perfecting the game as much as possible.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:13 PM
By the way, one other improvement we are considering is to automatically start a lock on a target if you use one of the shortcut buttons, but the target craft is not locked. If anybody has feedback on this potential feature, let us know.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:17 PM
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 14:19:05
Edited by Almaz (1716) on 2012-07-16 14:23:22
linh wrote:

You might have missed this part in the tutorial, but you can double-tap or double-click the big fire all button to have all offensive modules engage.

Pressing Autopilot choosing Orbital, pressing webber, pressing shoot all, pressing other modules such as stealing energy from a target, pressing ECM jammer and etc. We are talking here 6 buttons to press just to make a shot.

linh wrote:

Some of the problems you mentioned are due to the smaller screen real estate. It would be nearly impossible to test with all the various Android configurations, but the game is very adaptable to screen size and performance.

Like I said it was never ever tested with a standard resolution 480x800. It's not about device, it's all about resolution.

linh wrote:

T2 should not be weaker obviously, so if you give us specifics, we can try to track down any bugs.

For example Webber T1 vs Webber T2. If I remember correctly webber T1 is more powerful than T2. All you need to check all the modules/weapons stats and you'll see what I mean.

linh wrote:

I'd like to add voice work at some point in the future, but it's a lot of work and requires a good sized budget to do it right. If sales of the game continue to grow, then we'll take a serious look at doing this.

How about Android TTS it is free, better than nothing. Make it optional in the options

Also how about stats for the weapons EM,KIN,GRV? I was only able to find info on the forum but nothing in the game. How about a simple help in the game showing all modules, weapons and etc. How to use properly corporate pilots? I still have no ides about it. I sent 2 ships to mine and I have no idea if they are making any money or not. I couldn't find any stats in the game and there is no help as well in the game. Like I said it does need improvement.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:35 PM
Also what about popup that I get everytime that someone needs repair. It doesn't say where they are and who knows in which planet. Give it more info or remove them because they are becoming a spam.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:47 PM
I don't think you understood me, or maybe I'm not understanding you.

Just double-tap (on mobile touch screen) or double-click (on desktop) the center button in the lower right corner. This will turn on ALL offensive modules on the current target if it is locked: missiles, turrets, webbers, warp jammer, ECM jammers, vampires, energy neuts, etc. Some modules might fail to start like the webber if you are out of range.

The tutorial was updated to add this info, but it's possible not everybody redid the tutorial.

The dynamic help requests could add the location, it's one of our minor To Do items. For now, you can just press the Scanner button, then press the Quests tab which lists all the dynamic quests you can do including their type and location. Also, check out the Quests menu in the Warp destinations area. It lists all the dynamic quest locations.

We'll look into using the Android TTS feature down the road if we aren't able to do the real voice thing, thanks for letting us know.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 09:12 PM
After pressing Shoot All only missiles, turrets start automatically. All other modules must be pressed manually to start. Just tested within 5km of my locked target. I'm using 1.1.0 version Dangerous HD for Android.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 09:14 PM
Almaz wrote:

After pressing Shoot All only missiles, turrets start automatically. All other modules must be pressed manually to start. Just tested within 5km of my locked target. I'm using 1.1.0 version Dangerous HD for Android.

Are you double-tapping? Touch it twice in quick succession.
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 09:21 PM
Sorry I probably missed about double tap. Thanks for the tip. I have a question in regards sending other ship to mine. It gives an option to send them to mine and then Sell, Unload and Send Home. What should I do and how do I check their stats what's going on with them? Is there some kind of documentation?
By Sheinfell Comments: 101, member since Fri May 25, 2012
On Tue Jul 17, 2012 04:52 AM
I cannot remember any documentation on how to use corporate pilots.
@Linh: Can you put that on your todo list?

Anyways, here is how you do it:
You need to have the ship on a station where you want to sell its cargo.
Then you go to where you select the flight plan (in Hangar->Ships->Action, if I remember right).
You give it a destination, an Asteroid belt in this case, and give the order to mine there.
Next order in the flightplan I think was "send home" .
Then you can either select "unload" , which will add the mined cargo to your storage on that station. This means you need to fly to that station to actually sell the cargo yourself.
Or you select "sell". The cargo will send automatically be sold, and the ship will fly back for the next mining run.
I have 5 Fulla ships mining in system Bonju, 2 in the Snuent Belt there, and 3 in the Daarn Belt. Their home station in Bonju system is the Vatong Ore Processing Station.
I chose Bonju because you can mine diamond ore in both belts, which gives the best profit. Just keep in mind that the mining ships have huge cargo bays, and it takes quite a while until they are full and return.
If you go to your Quarters on a station, select Factions, then Dangerous, you get a list of all your ships.
There you can see what they are the doing at the moment. By pressing the question mark on the right of a ship's entry, you get a detail view that shows their cargo and their full flight plan.

Hope this helps you. If you have more questions, just ask away.
By HUYNH_D8 Comments: 35, member since Sun Jul 29, 2012
On Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 AM
there's a lot of hectic dogfight frantic sort of games already I don't think the developers were aiming to make "yet another frantic spacesim" this game to me feels like battleships in space where you get to be a "Captain James Tiberius Kirk" targeting the enemy and saying FIRE!, I mean look at the quote quadratic inverse Feyman series extrapolated to the nth order of the Riemann zeta singularities hehehe you won't find that in other space sims. It's going to take a lot of work to finish it off but these guys are getting there and the game formula is so much more relaxed and that's what sets it out from the others. Just out of curiosity I've been looking for games where you can fly/walk about and your turret's or minions slaughter the enemies for you e.g. the Necromancer of Diablo, the summons in Chaos Legion. They probably aren't good for multiplayer but sometimes I want to relax and watch my creations deal out destruction everywhere.

ReplySendWatch

. . . Return to Top of Page