September 22, 2017, 11:47 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Forums / Modules

Modules
elite equipment en>fr fr>en
By drekx Comments: 16, member since Sun Aug 05, 2012
On Sun Aug 05, 2012 02:51 PM
Edited by drekx (1732) on 2012-08-05 09:35:39
Edited by linh (26) on 2012-08-08 05:34:05 moved to modules

I was wondering if there's a way to buy back the elite equipment if you sell it by mistake and don't notice until much later. I know normally if you sell equipment it's still on the list for the station you are on but I'm not sure what happens if you leave the station (not that I remember the station either, but at least if it's possible to get it back still then I'll go hunt for it). Thanks!

7 Replies to elite equipment

re: elite equipment en>fr fr>en
By Sheinfell Comments: 101, member since Fri May 25, 2012
On Mon Aug 06, 2012 06:45 AM
Hello drekx, and welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately there is no way to buy Elite equipment back, they are one of a kind.

@Linh: This would make a good addition to the game. Add a starsystem in nullspace, where you can buy Elite level equipment. It should have its own quest, just to get the coordinates.
On Mon Aug 06, 2012 02:17 PM
Since I only have this problem because I sold the item by mistake with the sell all cargo button, maybe have it set so that you can only auto sell non elite equipment? I use the auto sell because it takes a lot more clicks to sell stuff through the normal menu screens.
By linh Comments: 180, member since Sat Jun 30, 2007
On Mon Aug 06, 2012 06:05 PM
If you accidentally sold something like elite modules, you can buy it back only if you haven't quit the game. They stay in the memory of the computer at the station you sold it, but are not saved to a save file.

Elite gear randomly spawns in null-sec and in some storyline missions (so taking the easy way out means you might miss it). Each area of space has a very low chance that one level higher gear will be equipped by pirates. So in low-sec, you might find t2 gear though it's mostly t1. In null-sec, you might find elite though it's mostly t2. However, modules don't always survive an explosion, so you're doubly lucky if you find it in loot. :D

Interesting idea about buying them. Since they're so rare, we'll want to make sure it's very difficult to obtain, so merely buying them might make it too easy to become super powerful. No doubt we'll add more modules and perhaps a way to get some elite gear reliably through quests in a future update or add-on.

Auto-selling of only non-elite gear sounds like it might be doable, and a good idea... Hmmm.
On Mon Aug 06, 2012 09:27 PM
Edited by Sheinfell (1683) on 2012-08-06 15:29:11
Don't have time to elaborate on this now, so I will just drop a first draft.
How about this:
Instead of being able to buy the Elite stuff, give it as rewards for the 2nd round of loyalty quests at 0.99 loyalty.
Each corporation could make some Elite items available for purchase at their headquarters.
If you want to make it more complicated, they could ask you to bring materials for having them built specifically for you,
Or you could combine all 3 ideas.
Have to think about this a bit more...

One more :)
Stealing it from someone else, say a heavily guarded transport with a few Elite items on board, or a fast blockade runner that you need to disable and board.
On Tue Aug 07, 2012 01:10 AM
There's a 2nd round of loyalty quests? I wasn't sure since I have a few factions at .99 but when I went to their HQ they wouldn't offer anything.
On Tue Aug 07, 2012 04:38 AM
Not yet.
I know they planned for them, but did not have time to put them in for release.
By HUYNH_D8 Comments: 35, member since Sun Jul 29, 2012
On Tue Aug 07, 2012 01:05 PM
Those are awesome ideas I always check to make sure there's nothing elite but now I think back and I'm worried I have sold some elite weapons cause I didn't think I could pick them up in the NullSec areas bugger I hope I didn't sell any L337 items. that will make a cool story line. one of the weapon manufacturers gets a shipment hijacked and as a reward for getting the shipment back they give you the L337 weapon. cool cool cool :)

ReplySendWatch

. . . Return to Top of Page