September 22, 2017, 11:28 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Forums / Suggestions

Suggestions
"Bad"/Pirate factions en>fr fr>en
By Sniperfox47 Comments: 38, member since Sun Sep 02, 2012
On Tue Oct 23, 2012 05:04 AM
Edited by Sniperfox47 (1756) on 2012-10-22 23:06:59

I just had an idea that I thought would be cool and which I don't think would be too hard to implement:

Instead of just having the good/legal factions that you can currently join in the game, I think it would be a cool idea to have 1 or several "pirate factions". A possible implementation would be to replace the pirate faction with one or several join-able pirate factions/sub-factions and add an "independent" faction to replace the purpose the pirate faction currently serves.

Something even more awesome would be if the factions had a set of "alliances" set up where they were friendly or hostile to other factions and would start conflicts in space. For example obviously the Royal Navy would be hostile with the pirate factions so if ships from the two groups met in the same system they would begin to fight.

In the same way, if you were friendly with one faction, their enemy may deny you friendship until you become less friendly with the first faction.

The independent faction could have each ship assigned with one of a few "personalities" to determine whether they're friendly or hostile to other ships.

I understand that this would complicate the real-time universe but I think it would be a cool idea even just to think about.

It's just my 2 cents so take whatever you will from it.

[edit] I realize that while I said I don't think it would be too hard to implement that depends entirely on how you have the current system set up. It is an assumption based on what little I've seen of how your system works so may be completely incorrect.

ReplySendWatch

. . . Return to Top of Page