September 20, 2017, 7:33 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Forums / Random Stuff

Random Stuff
[Spoilers?] Leviathans Flyable? en>fr fr>en
By Sniperfox47 Comments: 38, member since Sun Sep 02, 2012
On Tue Oct 23, 2012 06:56 AM

I'm not sure if this includes spoilers or not. It should also be noted that this is not proof that they are acquirable in game or ever will be. This was done with a modified save file so it is probable that they are not legitimately acquirable in game. Everything said after this point is speculation based off of the screenshots provided.

----------------- POSSIBLE SPOILERS START HERE ------------

While I was fiddling around with the save files to find all the paid skins (are they the beta ships or are those different?) I came across something interesting. While you can't research or damage them (says the in-game flavor text) apparently you can fly Leviathans! The very same massive leviathans you can come across in every sector with the scan probe skill!

They are a huge alien capital ship with 5/5/5 low/medium/high slots, 5/6/3 launcher/turret/gun hard-points, 150000 Armour, and 1900000000 units of mass, but no shields whatsoever, no bonuses, and only 500m^3 of cargo room. I question how it can possibly have the same mass as a ship less than 1/20th it's size (the hades) but for all I know maybe it's hollow. Also it may be their size, or setting all my skills to 0 but they appear to handle really terribly.

Screenshots are provided for anyone who is interested. They were made with all skills at 0 and no modules equipped so they're comparable to the base stats of ships in the market. Unlike the human capital ships that are the same size as their lesser counterparts in space, the leviathan is still the huge monster you find with the scan probe skill.

Also noteworthy, the screenshots are with the craft_vehicle 22. Unlike other ships, I came across multiple versions of the leviathan. For example when I was looking for the alternate ship skins I found a leviathan instead at id 38. 22 and 38 are identical but others may not be.

All of this information considered I am scared to think of what secret these ships may be hiding in the coming days of Dangerous and what may be lurking within their hulls.

Please feel free to discuss thoughts, ideas, opinions, or hopes. I made this post under Random Stuff to hopefully encourage people to speculate on the future of these monstrous ships.

2 Replies to [Spoilers?] Leviathans Flyable?

re: [Spoilers?] Leviathans Flyable? en>fr fr>en
By InsanitY Comments: 1, member since Fri Nov 09, 2012
On Fri Nov 09, 2012 08:54 PM
Please please PLEASE send me a copy of your data and if possible titanium backup thanks!
re: [Spoilers?] Leviathans Flyable? en>fr fr>en
By Sniperfox47 Comments: 38, member since Sun Sep 02, 2012
On Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:51 PM
Edited by Sniperfox47 (1756) on 2012-11-12 16:53:11
I will not provide either of those for 2 reasons:
1) I'm unsure how this game is licensed and the save files may be covered under a copyright making redistribution illegal. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
2) I know for a fact that a titanium backup contains personally revealing information and the save file may have personal information as well (I still haven't studied all of the save file, just some small parts)

What I will do however is make a guide on how people can do this for themselves. Keep in mind that I only have the android version and can only guarantee that my process will work on those files. Other versions will likely have similar files but they may not be identical.

I don't have time to write up a full guide right now, I'll do it when I get home. If you want to poke around though the android savefile is a standard, unencrypted sqlite database. If you get a database editor you can poke around and figure stuff out for yourself. The database is pretty strait-forward.

Some tools for managing sqlite databases are "SQLite Manager" android app from the play store (it's not root aware so you need the save in a non-root location), or the "SQLite Database Browser" on windows, mac, linux, and BSD.

They are available from play.google.com . . . and sourceforge.net . . .

Keep in mind that these work at the time of writing this post but may not work with future versions and are only 100% confirmed to work on the android version. It is likely that the save format will be changed in the near future.

ReplySendWatch

. . . Return to Top of Page