September 22, 2017, 11:29 PM : Please sign in or register for a free account. Get information about membership.
Who's chatting now:
Forum: Forums / Suggestions

Suggestions
Some Good Ideas if willing to Listen en>fr fr>en
By Hisnitch Comments: 32, member since Thu Jan 03, 2013
On Sat Jan 26, 2013 06:12 PM

I have a couple good ideas for the game. Thing is, Are you willing to listen to them? Write if you want to. I will NOT write a single one unless you are truly willing to listen to them.

24 Replies to Some Good Ideas if willing to Listen

re: Some Good Ideas if willing to Listen en>fr fr>en
By linh Comments: 179, member since Sat Jun 30, 2007
On Wed Jan 30, 2013 08:31 AM
We welcome suggestions on improving the game. Just check our history on TouchArcade and here. But keep in mind there's just two of us, and we're about to roll out a major expansion with beautiful celestial graphics, an improved UI, and more. It's going to be a game-changer we hope.

Our To Do is about a mile long, but we're always willing to engage with fans with ideas, etc.
The Small Things In Life en>fr fr>en
On Sat Feb 02, 2013 05:16 PM
Well then, shall we get started?

Here are some of my more unimportant ideas.
-Once you get someone to make ship models for you, try to make it so the ship sizes are differant.
-Do something about the Levis. I hate not having to do anything with them.
-Tier Two Skills. I will get to that in a later post.
-This COULD do with a Multiplayer mode... But hey, Thats just me.
-Put in more sectors to go to, and make more galaxies.
-And lastly fix the pirates. Put clans of certain pirates. that will roam the galaxy. rather than them being spawned in the system that you are in.

Okay, that is all of the unimportant ideas. I try to get back next week with the Faction AI.
On Thu Feb 07, 2013 08:17 AM
Hisnitch wrote:

Well then, shall we get started?

Here are some of my more unimportant ideas.
-Once you get someone to make ship models for you, try to make it so the ship sizes are differant.
-Do something about the Levis. I hate not having to do anything with them.
-Tier Two Skills. I will get to that in a later post.
-This COULD do with a Multiplayer mode... But hey, Thats just me.
-Put in more sectors to go to, and make more galaxies.
-And lastly fix the pirates. Put clans of certain pirates. that will roam the galaxy. rather than them being spawned in the system that you are in.

Okay, that is all of the unimportant ideas. I try to get back next week with the Faction AI.

- The ship sizes are different though you're right, we'll want the carrier to be huge compared to the lowly frigates. You'll get a sense of the size if we're able to finish the "eject" feature..
- Leviathans will be more fully explored and explained in a future update or in the follow up game.
- We want and have ideas on how to make this into an MMO with a single shard. Think EVE Online, but simpler and better. Now the budget to make something like this, that's another challenge.
- More sectors alone wouldn't be fun unless there was a reason to go there. We have some ideas on adding random and scripted events (along the lines of the dynamic quests). A lot will depend on sales of the game to support continuing development, etc.
- the pirates were originally going to be persistent like the rest of the ships and not "spawned", and play an active role in subverting each solar system to their cause. The complexity of the game already is pretty daunting for a 2-man team though.
Faction AI en>fr fr>en
On Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 PM
I think that I'm going to keep to the bullets because I personally find it easier.
*NPC ships will occasionally shoot on other NPC ships.
*One dynamic quest: Attack the Pirate Base.
Oh and about the pirates...
* I took a lot thought about the pirates before you made the post. The way it should work is that in the core systems and high systems pirates should be spawned, the spawn rate being higher in high-sec. Low should be a mixture of spawned and persistent pirates. Null should have a high amount of persistent pirates and the ones that spawn should be weaker than their persistent cousins. This is probably going to make me look like a arsehole, but hey, at least it is still being considered. Possibly
*A NPC faction can started a war with another or your faction.
*You can join a faction and help them.
*NPCs that lead a faction can give you a quest called: Start a war. (As taken from the Mount&Blade series)

MORE UNIMPORTANT IDEAS
*(giggle) Now you that mentioned it, I would like to have a carrier class. Also drones would be cool.
*I have been reading though most of the comments about the ships and it seems like most people think that not enough justice was done for it the capital ship. I have honesty never flown the Hades class(battleship commander) but most say that it is not... well... capital enough.

Rawr. I be back next week. Possibly. Maybe about new weapons. Maybe about Tier Two skills. Hm. I have to think about it.

Oh probably rude to ask but do you think that you give us a possible date for the update?
Weapons (Unimportant Possibly) en>fr fr>en
On Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:37 AM
Back! So now new weapons. Be noted that this can be viewed as unportant, but it will definitety help with the Tier Two and Three skills.

*Note that these can be picked up and used without the skills upped.*

Missiles-Not going to touch, fine as they are.

Railgun- Weapons used by mosty everyone, this weapons can hit hard but larger guns will tend to miss more.
*Simply a rename of turret. Nothing more, nothing less.*

Laser Turrets
[small] used by the small more powerhouse vechices of the Navy this weapon is very accurate but does not hit hard.
[meduim] Used by many galcop ships, this weapon is veryaccurate butdoes not hit hard. Has a visiable beam.
No large Laser turret.
Pro: Very accurate; Very Quick Reload Time (Medium reload is faster than small Railgun)
Con: Doesnt hit very hard; uses small amounts of energy.
Ion Weapons en>fr fr>en
On Mon Feb 18, 2013 06:52 PM
Ion weapons, when they hit there target will have a chance to go though the shield and hit the armor when fired.

Ion guns: Whatever size they are it does not matter, whenever the gun hits, 50% of the power will always go though the shield and hit the armor.
EX. 30 damage, 30 hits the shield 15 hits the power.

Ion turrets: same thing get in to it later.
Ion Weapons en>fr fr>en
By Luminisc Comments: 4, member since Sat Jan 05, 2013
On Tue Feb 19, 2013 07:02 PM
Ion weapons couldn't deal damage to armor, but deal a more greater than any weapon amount of damage to shield. Play more games like X3(X3:Reunion or X3:Terran Conflict).
Plasma Weapons en>fr fr>en
On Thu Feb 21, 2013 07:49 AM
I actually like that idea... Hm... But it still has to affect the energy somehow... Do you happen to have a digital copy of any of X3 games that you can send me?

Moving on, I think we can do something with the missiles. We can make the missile have a chance to pass though shields. I don't Know how it is going work but I do have a module in mind. But what will hit the shields???

Plasma launchers will mostly focus on the shield and will not do as much damage as the missile damage towards the armor but will deal massive damage to the shield.
On Thu Feb 21, 2013 06:51 PM
Definitely some interesting thoughts on the ion weapons. We do need more than the current lasers, turrets and missiles.
Photon, Election, and Neutron Weapons en>fr fr>en
On Thu Feb 21, 2013 09:02 PM
*And as another school day passes Hisnitch begins working on the other energy weapon toward his ultimate goal... Tier Two skills*

Photons: I really don't know what do with this. Don't want a stupid Star Trek weapon. If you guys could help me out that would br nice.

Electrons Turrets: Negatively charged atoms cause heavy damage to the armor but don't work very well on shields. Comes as all three modules types, requires skills to obtain the medium and heavy modules, Fires a visible beam.

Neutron Turrets: Neutral charged atoms deals damage equally to both shields and armor. A more powerful beam version of the railgun, All three modules types, Requires skills to obtain all three types of modules, fires either a visible blue beam, a visible green beam, or an alternating of both, with the light flickering in and out, and the other two holding.

Both have slow reload time.

*Note* I personally don't think that energy Weapons should have ammo, and rather take from the energy, save for the plasma.
By Luminisc Comments: 4, member since Sat Jan 05, 2013
On Thu Mar 07, 2013 04:55 AM
I just have a Russian version of X3. You can find it on a torrent tracker or buy on Steam.

Let's talk about weapons.
Electronic weapons can not cause any damage on the shields or the armor. It will most likely to repair shields(electron+electron=more electrons).

Proton gun. I think it will actually work, you can come up with a description like this:
"Proton gun produces proton flux, which is connected with the electrons of enemy energy-shield, make molecules that create microexplodes, because of their instability."

Neutron weapons. I do not think it is possible to use the weapon, as the physics says it useless.(but maybe I'm wrong)
Ups and Downs of the New Update, Marketing, and Carrier class (and Drones) en>fr fr>en
On Fri Mar 15, 2013 08:36 PM
Ups
*Moves smoothly
*Graphic look rather good, mostly the planets
*Love the new FX

Downs
*In general on the highest settings it does very well; however I have seen slowdowns during the exiting and entering of warp and the explosions of ships
*Like Mach, I feellike the scripts get more in the way. You did say that it was for PC and tablets, so I will try it on that.

Marketing
*Use your youtube channel to update the us on what you guys are doing currently.
*Also use youtube to find people who can render and make ships. I could point out a few people if you want.

And finally.. Carriers
*Carriers will not carry any hardpoints but will carry drones... Lum help me out
Tier II en>fr fr>en
On Sun Mar 17, 2013 04:24 PM
Ideas

Attack Pilots: You can hire this guys to attack pirates patrol the area etc.
Weapons: Look above Light only.
Add 5 more to Corp Pilots
Tier III en>fr fr>en
On Sun Mar 17, 2013 04:50 PM
Ideas

Station skill: How many stations you can owns
Add five to attack
Fleet: Allow you to link two ships to your computer. This will allow you to attack bases or destroy pirates or to create convoys. Each level Allows you to two more ships to your fleet command.
Weapons: Medium sized weapons.
By Machariel Comments: 11, member since Tue Nov 27, 2012
On Sun Mar 17, 2013 06:19 PM
Edited by Machariel (1786) on 2013-03-17 12:28:28
Edited by Machariel (1786) on 2013-03-17 12:30:05
Replying for some ideas of hisnitch :
1.each level of corporate adds 2,not 1 ship (if its possible by game restrictions)
2.All ships of your corporation in current location could recieve orders,similar to your wingmen.For example,making one additional button in radial menu could solve this issue.By pressing this button your wingmen orders might be cyclicaly replaced to corporate ships orders.Instead of names,the ship id (shiptype) will be displayed.
3.Instead of making dynamical-generated skills of your corporate ships, in cantina you will have missions with negative reward.Accepting this mission (contract),you will get a pilot (for game -it'll be just array of numbers - skills,which will be displayed in contract).When you are ordering your corporate ship,you will get additional stage -choise of pilot.
Also ,adding one more button to corporate ship orders - to 'undock and wait orders'.
I assume,this additions will largerly increase the capabilities of your squadron - you can hire wingmen you want,place them on ship you want (depends on skills ) and control them,also this scheme covers most of suggestions,and it could be integrated in game without much effort
4.Mercenaries - mechanism could be based on wingman mechanism - you accepting a contract and have addition wingman for limited time\number of warp jumps.
5.stations - dont know.It have to be deeply integrated into mechanics of game.I just offer you addition button - making this station your hq.Then this station will be displayed in fractions page (you aren't owning it) as your hq,commanding 'go to hq' you are returning ships to hq station.
6.crafting tech3(elite) modules.I have some suggestions.
On station using skill 'Crafting' you will be able to craft elite modules.Crafting skills will influence the fine (you are using station workshop),wasting factor,time to produce.You will need some amount of goods, t2 modules and blueprint.Blueprint will be purchased or obtained from corporations as result of loyality quests 0.99.Also will be possible t see pirate or corp ship with cargo full of blueprint.
Or,you can add some research mechanism (you need a elite module and 'research skill' to make from elite module blueprints).
This scheme has minus - it has to be inserted relatively deep into game.
So ,there are some of my ideas.Sorry for bad English.I tried to make this ideas easy to integrate into game.
By Rolt Comments: 1, member since Sat Apr 06, 2013
On Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:37 AM
My suggestion comes from something a disagree on with the pirate set-up. As far as I know PIRATES NEVER go into a fight asthe underdogs. They always fight someone they think they can win against. So my suggestion would be to make the pirates attacks more appropriate. Have the "null" sector pirates groups consist of 5 ships (vs D+2wing) and each group should have at least one battleship (with low radom spawn of a capital ship +3or4 cruisers. And in the other sectors have pirate groups of 3or4 with the "1.0" sector being 1 pirate attacks.

Thank for reading and making a great game.
On Sun Jun 16, 2013 01:43 PM
Back and making my return!
Also anyone here play eve?
Drones en>fr fr>en
On Mon Jul 01, 2013 08:28 PM
Drones. For anyone who has EVE here you will know how annoying but effective drones are.

Drones: To be used with the carrier class. There well be two Different Class of them, Fighters and Bombers

Fighters can be used to Counter Dogfighter frigates
Bombers Can hit Cap ships hard.

*Note* I like the Idea Rolt.
By avemt1 Comments: 13, member since Thu Aug 16, 2012
On Mon Aug 12, 2013 07:30 AM
Hisnitch wrote:

I actually like that idea... Hm... But it still has to affect the energy somehow... Do you happen to have a digital copy of any of X3 games that you can send me?

Moving on, I think we can do something with the missiles. We can make the missile have a chance to pass though shields. I don't Know how it is going work but I do have a module in mind. But what will hit the shields???

Plasma launchers will mostly focus on the shield and will not do as much damage as the missile damage towards the armor but will deal massive damage to the shield.

The missiles could explode and cause a forward explosion through the shield. It should only be at most 15% of the total damage of the shield. You can use a dynamic equation that accounts for the total strength of the shield. Something like: (total shield strength/Missile Damage)*(whatever it takes to get it to a percentage)= missile damage leak through.
On Mon Aug 12, 2013 07:35 AM
Edited by avemt1 (1744) on 2013-08-12 01:43:29 Adding idea
Hisnitch wrote:

*And as another school day passes Hisnitch begins working on the other energy weapon toward his ultimate goal... Tier Two skills*

Photons: I really don't know what do with this. Don't want a stupid Star Trek weapon. If you guys could help me out that would br nice.

Electrons Turrets: Negatively charged atoms cause heavy damage to the armor but don't work very well on shields. Comes as all three modules types, requires skills to obtain the medium and heavy modules, Fires a visible beam.

Neutron Turrets: Neutral charged atoms deals damage equally to both shields and armor. A more powerful beam version of the railgun, All three modules types, Requires skills to obtain all three types of modules, fires either a visible blue beam, a visible green beam, or an alternating of both, with the light flickering in and out, and the other two holding.

Both have slow reload time.

*Note* I personally don't think that energy Weapons should have ammo, and rather take from the energy, save for the plasma.

Photons: basically lasers
Electrons: causes major damage to shields, and if no shields, a jolt of electricity to electronics systems. Basically would show up as static in the hud, and a skip next round in the weapons and modules. Would only be able to be fired once every 30 - 45 seconds.
Neutrons: causes Damage Over Time with armor. Basically decaying the armor through radioactive decay. Concentrated beam would be really dangerous!
By Pain Comments: 12, member since Sat Jul 27, 2013
On Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 PM
What about thermals that are attracted to heat. When it is locked and you are at close enough range. Its impossible to miss if they are infront of you where you see them... and they are deadly to the pount qhere they are gone in seconds depending on stats of enemy...
On Wed Aug 14, 2013 09:21 AM
Pain wrote:

What about thermals that are attracted to heat. When it is locked and you are at close enough range. Its impossible to miss if they are infront of you where you see them... and they are deadly to the pount qhere they are gone in seconds depending on stats of enemy...

The missiles have an advanced AI tracking capability on them. There is no need to have it specified a thermal tracking.
By sdfdfgdgfdfg Comments: 1, member since Sat May 03, 2014
On Sat May 03, 2014 08:13 AM
Hisnitch wrote:

Drones. For anyone who has EVE here you will know how annoying but effective drones are.

Drones: To be used with the carrier class. There well be two Different Class of them, Fighters and Bombers

Fighters can be used to Counter Dogfighter frigates
Bombers Can hit Cap ships hard.

*Note* I like the Idea Rolt.

if thay orbit aroud u like in x3 it is not a funy idea cose u got 40-70% chacnes to colide with u especialy when u are stationary i.e u need to gea same to drink and forget to paause game
By ShizukaNekoShiki Comments: 33, member since Fri Oct 11, 2013
On Mon Jun 02, 2014 07:50 PM
Fake MOD: Pls Hisnitch that all extra non-important stuff requires KBs in game so pls thing about other PCs because some of them can`t handle a lot of KBs (KBs = KiliBytes). mew- My PC is just fine but others might not be that good on RAM that processes the KBs`s in-coming data. mew- So make sure the things chu suggesting to add don`t take a lot of KBs power to processes it. mew- ;-3 --The End--

ReplySendWatch

. . . Return to Top of Page